Abraham Lincoln (1809–1865)


A friend is one who has the same enemies as you have.
~Abraham Lincoln

A house divided against itself cannot stand.
~Abraham Lincoln

A woman is the only thing I am afraid of that I know will not hurt me.
~Abraham Lincoln

All I am, or can be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind.
~Abraham Lincoln

All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

Allow the president to invade a neighboring nation, whenever he shall deem it necessary to repel an invasion, and you allow him to do so whenever he may choose to say he deems it necessary for such a purpose - and you allow him to make war at pleasure.
~Abraham Lincoln

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.
~Abraham Lincoln

Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
~Abraham Lincoln

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
~Abraham Lincoln

Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world.
~Abraham Lincoln

As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy.
~Abraham Lincoln

As our case is new, we must think and act anew.
~Abraham Lincoln

Avoid popularity if you would have peace.
~Abraham Lincoln

Ballots are the rightful and peaceful successors to bullets.
~Abraham Lincoln

Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.
~Abraham Lincoln

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
~Abraham Lincoln

Books serve to show a man that those original thoughts of his aren't very new at all.
~Abraham Lincoln

Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.
~Abraham Lincoln

Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them.
~Abraham Lincoln

0 comments:

Post a Comment