Death Quotes

A dying man needs to die, as a sleepy man needs to sleep, and there comes a time when it is wrong, as well as useless, to resist.
Stewart Alsop

A man who won't die for something is not fit to live.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

All our knowledge merely helps us to die a more painful death than animals that know nothing.
Maurice Maeterlinck

Death is a very dull, dreary affair, and my advice to you is to have nothing whatsoever to do with it.
W. Somerset Maugham

Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there's a difference for me, you know. Because in that other room I shall be able to see.
Helen Keller

Death most resembles a prophet who is without honor in his own land or a poet who is a stranger among his people.
Kahlil Gibran

Die, v.: To stop sinning suddenly.
Elbert Hubbard

For death is no more than a turning of us over from time to eternity.
William Penn

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity.
Edvard Munch

Healthy children will not fear life if their elders have integrity enough not to fear death.
Erik H. Erikson

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.
J. Robert Oppenheimer

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
Mark Twain

I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
Clarence Darrow

I shall not die of a cold. I shall die of having lived.
Willa Cather

It is possible to provide security against other ills, but as far as death is concerned, we men live in a city without walls.
Epicurus

Life is better than death, I believe, if only because it is less boring, and because it has fresh peaches in it.
Alice Walker

Men fear death as children fear to go in the dark; and as that natural fear in children is increased by tales, so is the other.
Francis Bacon

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
Susan Ertz

No one can confidently say that he will still be living tomorrow.
Euripides

Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them.
Edward W. Howe

0 comments:

Post a Comment