Cancer Quotes

The moment my doctor told me, I went silent. My mum and dad were with me. Then we all fell to pieces.
Kylie Minogue
On being diagnosed with breast cancer

I feel more inspired than ever, and think that I will finally achieve what I have long been wishing for: a balance of work and privacy - a harmony.
Kylie Minogue
On getting through battle against cancer

It has been an extraordinary experience and, in many ways, extremely positive.
Marianne Faithful
On her successful recovery from breast cancer

My mum [who has breast cancer] is a fighter. I've got that from her, I know she's a fighter.
Naomi Campbell

Breast cancer deaths in America have been declining for more than a decade. Much of that success is due to early detection and better treatments for women. I strongly encourage women to get a mammogram.
Larry Craig

My cancer scare changed my life. I'm grateful for every new, healthy day I have. It has helped me prioritize my life.
Olivia Newton John

If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we can all learn from them. When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up, or Fight Like Hell.
Lance Armstrong

Time is shortening. But every day that I challenge this cancer and survive is a victory for me.
Ingrid Bergman

Cancer victims who don't accept their fate, who don't learn to live with it, will only destroy what little time they have left.
Ingrid Bergman

Cancer patients are lied to, not just because the disease is (or is thought to be) a death sentence, but because it is felt to be obscene -- in the original meaning of that word: ill-omened, abominable, repugnant to the senses.
Susan Sontag

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.
John Diamond

During chemo, you're more tired than you've ever been. It's like a cloud passing over the sun, and suddenly you're out. You don't know how you'll answer the door when your groceries are delivered. But you also find that you're stronger than you've ever been. You're clear. Your mortality is at optimal distance, not up so close that it obscures everything else, but close enough to give you depth perception. Previously, it has taken you weeks, months, or years to discover the meaning of an experience. Now it's instantaneous.
Melissa Bank

We "need" cancer because, by the very fact of its incurability, it makes all other diseases, however virulent, not cancer.
Gilbert Adair
"Under the Sign of Cancer," Myths and Memories, 1986

One must not forget that recovery is brought about not by the physician, but by the sick man himself. He heals himself, by his own power, exactly as he walks by means of his own power, or eats, or thinks, breathes or sleeps.
Georg Groddeck
The Book of the It, 1923

Once you choose hope, anything's possible.
Christopher Reeve

My veins are filled, once a week with a Neapolitan carpet cleaner distilled from the Adriatic and I am as bald as an egg. However I still get around and am mean to cats.
John Cheever
In The Letters of John Cheever, 1989, concerning his cancer and its treatment

0 comments:

Post a Comment