Farewell Quotes

A friend of mine, now retired, was then a major exec at a major bank, and one of her jobs, the last four years, was the farewell interview.
Donald E. Westlake

Beauty is the disinterested one, without which the ancient world refused to understand itself, a word which both imperceptibly and yet unmistakably has bid farewell to our new world, a world of interests, leaving it to its own avarice and sadness.
Hans Urs von Balthasar

Before I was reading science fiction, I read Hemingway. Farewell to Arms was my first adult novel that said not everything ends well. It was one of those times where reading has meant a great deal to me, in terms of my development - an insight came from that book.
Robert Reed

Don't be dismayed by good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.
Richard Bach

Every day I shall put my papers in order and every day I shall say farewell. And the real farewell, when it comes, will only be a small outward confirmation of what has been accomplished within me from day to day.
Etty Hillesum

Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
J. R. R. Tolkien

Farewell all relations and friends in Christ; farewell acquaintances and all earthly enjoyments; farewell reading and preaching, praying and believing, wanderings, reproaches, and sufferings.
Donald Cargill

Farewell, dearest friend, never to see one another any more till at the right hand of Christ.
Donald Cargill

Farewell, fair cruelty.
William Shakespeare

I have to go and say farewell to all the countries that I have been to, if I can. I am 73 now, it is taxing on me.
Miriam Makeba

I now bid farewell to the country of my birth - of my passions - of my death; a country whose misfortunes have invoked my sympathies - whose factions I sought to quell - whose intelligence I prompted to a lofty aim - whose freedom has been my fatal dream.
Thomas Francis Meagher

It can't be any simpler: the farewell is going to be on the Champs-Elysees.
Lance Armstrong

Memorial Service: Farewell party for someone who already left.
Robert Byrne

Now, mark it. This may be strong language, but heed it. The people mean it, and, my friends of the Eastern Democracy, we bid farewell when you do that thing.
Richard Parks Bland

On the wagon sped, and I, as well as my comrades, gave a despairing farewell glance at freedom as we came in sight of the long stone buildings.
Nellie Bly

One day I may be meeting you and hearing how you've changed your life by saying, 'Farewell to Fat'.
Richard Simmons

Ozzy wanted to get us back together. It's been 20 years. We did a couple of songs during his farewell in 1992 and that got the ball rolling.
Geezer Butler

The farewell between Hitler and Mussolini at the station was very affectionate. Both men were moved.
Galeazzo Ciano

The peculiar fascination which the South held over my imagination and my limited capital decided me in favor of Atlanta University; so about the last of September I bade farewell to the friends and scenes of my boyhood and boarded a train for the South.
James Weldon Johnson

The return makes one love the farewell.
Alfred de Musset

0 comments:

Post a Comment