Saying Quotes

Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
Dalai Lama

It is no use saying, 'We are doing our best.' You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.
Winston Churchill

It doesn't do good to open doors for someone who doesn't have the price to get in. If he has the price, he may not need the laws. There is no law saying the Negro has to live in Harlem or Watts.
Ronald Reagan

Let us beware of saying that death is the opposite of life. The living being is only a species of the dead, and a very rare species.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
Mark Twain

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
Mark Twain

If we say it long enough eventually we're going to reap a harvest. We're going to get exactly what we're saying.
Joel Osteen

I'm very careful about saying who would and wouldn't go to heaven. I don't know.
Joel Osteen

Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
Groucho Marx

I don't have a girlfriend. But I do know a woman who'd be mad at me for saying that.
Mitch Hedberg

When someone hands you a flyer, it's like they're saying here you throw this away.
Mitch Hedberg

When we got into office, the thing that surprised me most was to find that things were just as bad as we'd been saying they were.
John F. Kennedy

All we are saying is give peace a chance.
John Lennon

It goes without saying that you should never have more children than you have car windows.
Erma Bombeck

Right now I think censorship is necessary; the things they're doing and saying in films right now just shouldn't be allowed. There's no dignity anymore and I think that's very important.
Mae West

Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it.
Robert Frost

Style is that which indicates how the writer takes himself and what he is saying. It is the mind skating circles around itself as it moves forward.
Robert Frost

A witty saying proves nothing.
Voltaire

While they were saying among themselves it cannot be done, it was done.
Helen Keller

0 comments:

Post a Comment