Optimism Quotes

Always the eternal optimist, President Reagan instilled confidence and optimism at a time both were in short supply in our country.
Jim Ramstad

And for all my rampant technological optimism, sometimes I think I'd be more comfortable if I were regarding these transcendental events from one thousand years remove... instead of twenty.
Vernor Vinge

But before looking to the future, let's glance back at the road we've traveled these past two years because that is the source of much of the optimism we are all feeling about the future.
Linda Lingle

But Walt and him shared the same kind of optimism. Walt believed in himself, and he was optimistic about what he wanted to do. He just knew it will be okay, and Dali was the same way. They had a great deal in common that way.
John Hench

Comedy is acting out optimism.
Robin Williams

Emerson then incarnated the moral optimism, the progress, and the energy of the American spirit.
Howard Mumford Jones

Few things in the world are more powerful than a positive push. A smile. A world of optimism and hope. A "you can do it" when things are tough.
Richard M. DeVos

For me optimism is two lovers walking into the sunset arm in arm. Or maybe into the sunrise - whatever appeals to you.
Krzysztof Kieslowski

Hope is definitely not the same thing as optimism. It is not the conviction that something will turn out well, but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out.
Vaclav Havel

I always admired Walt's optimism. He seemed to know the direction he was going to. When I was at the studio, I remember he kept driving all of us back down to a more fundamental level all the time.
John Hench

I am not a pessimist; to perceive evil where it exists is, in my opinion, a form of optimism.
Roberto Rossellini

I am not a prophet in any sense of the word, and I entertain an active and intense dislike of the foregoing mixture of optimism, fatalism, and conservatism.
Herbert Croly

I do believe that most men live lives of quiet desperation. For despair, optimism is the only practical solution. Hope is practical. Because eliminate that and it's pretty scary. Hope at least gives you the option of living.
Harry Nilsson

I don't think you lead by pessimism and cynicism. I think you lead by optimism and enthusiasm and energy.
Patricia Ireland

I find nothing more depressing than optimism.
Paul Fussell

I have a real sense of optimism that we are revolutionizing the way we do politics in this country.
Joan Blades

If pessimism is despair, optimism is cowardice and stupidity. Is there any need to choose between them?
Francis P. Yockey

If you pretend to be good, the world takes you very seriously. If you pretend to be bad, it doesn't. Such is the astounding stupidity of optimism.
Oscar Wilde

It is not possible, given any degree of optimism and generosity in regard to people in general, to set a time limit on creative reflection or a limitation on the number of people involved in the creation.
Earle Brown

My optimism for life carried through my work.
John Dyer

0 comments:

Post a Comment